[development] Custom FAPI elements in 6.x

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Thu Aug 23 12:58:09 UTC 2007

Karen,

thank you so much. I fixed a few things, nothing major.

I discovered one group of core bugs, namely that we use $edit FALSE to determine on _value -- but you can assign FALSE or anything with drupal_execute so func_num_args() is in order.

Also, we should examine the four after_build calls that remain. I suspect they can be replaced by other constructs now and if so, we should mention in the doc that this is deprecated.

Finally we should make it clear when to use _value and when #process. The question is, can we do everything we do in _value with #process ? I think the answer is yes however it still looks like a healthy split -- if you just want to assign #value then use _value , if you want to split your element after #value is in place, use #process.

Regards,

NK