[development] Deleting Cached Permissions - Why not?

Ron Parker sysop at scbbs.com
Tue Aug 28 03:45:41 UTC 2007

OK, I understand that Drupal doesn't support changing user roles on the fly.  Technically, OG User Roles does not change any sitewide roles; it only adds roles based upon the group that an individual node belongs to.  But, I won't quibble with details.

What I don't understand is why my request to add the ability to reset the user_access() permissions cache was rejected. http://drupal.org/node/170524

The requested code addition does not alter existing permissions in any way.  It simply provides a method whereby one can send a command to user_access() to reset the static variable.  Can someone tell me why this is not a reasonable thing to be able to do?

Thanks!

-ron

Message: 2