[development] Why is Block table delta field only 32 chars?

Jacob Singh jacob at civicactions.com
Tue Aug 28 06:49:53 UTC 2007

I spent a good long while trying to figure out why my 38 char delta block
would show up in the admin_display but would not get assigned to a region.  I
realized that UPDATE ... WHERE delta= "full 38 chars" was not going to find
my truncated entry created by _block_rehash :(

Is there a reason to limit the length of this field?

Should I submit a patch to check for this in _block_rehash and alert the user?

Best,
Jacob