[development] Data import and synchronization to nodes

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 28 12:14:53 UTC 2007

Quoting Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com>:

> So, I toss the brain-teaser out there: Is there a good way to have my nodes
> and import them too, or are these cases where nodes are simply the wrong tool
> and the direct-import-and-cache mechanisms described above are the optimal
> solutions?

Not that I've found and I've spent several hours recently researching
this.  Chris Mellor and I have begun collaborating on this issue here
http://portallink.linkmatics.com/gdf and have development staging here
http://datafeed.progw.org.  Help is welcome, we want to be able to feed
all types of external data.  Goals are being established and documented
on the http://portallink.linkmatics.com/gdf pages.  *Note* we are aware
of all the existing modules and API and our plans are to use the
existing things as well as create what is missing.

I've found http://drupal.org/project/feedparser which will accept RSS,
RDF or ATOM feeds and create nodes or aggregated lists.  I am
successfully using that module with a change documented in issue
http://drupal.org/node/169865 at http://give-me-an-offer.com.

Earnie