[development] Drupal 6 beta 1 planned for next Monday

Angela Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Wed Aug 29 15:46:27 UTC 2007

> If you think that
> there are definitely important issues, which might not be possible to
> fix after the beta is released (ie. because they involve at least
> small bits of database or API modifications), then please let me know
> the issue links.

Here's my sense from glancing through the first couple pages of the
critical queue:

API changes that need a firm yes/no before beta:
- Missing feature from schema API: load/save records : http://
drupal.org/node/169982
- actions.inc is always included, but breaks without actions.module:
http://drupal.org/node/155828
- jQuery 1.1.4: http://drupal.org/node/170224

*Really* Critical bug fixes (we would actually do more harm to the
project than good shipping a beta without these fixed, imo):
- Menu update from D5 -> D6 : http://drupal.org/node/147657 (duh :P)
- jQuery interaction with Garland breaks modules page: http://
drupal.org/node/134307 -- modules page totally unusable in Safari
- First user installed as uid = 2 in MySQL 4.1: http://drupal.org/
node/149540 - will prevent user from administering the site if
they're bitten by this bug, which appears on RHEL 4 and other distros.

I will try and give it a typical 'webchick' touch over the weekend
and update with any other critical issues (hopefully can work on
fixing some of them too).

-Angie