[development] Modules that integrate non-GPL PHP apps violate the GPL.

Vivek Puri crystalcube at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 02:33:25 UTC 2007

--- mark burdett <mfburdett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a similar situation with javascript
> executing in the browser
> environment?
> It's common to integrate various javascript
> libraries which may have
> different licenses (and pull in js from other sites
> via <script> tags)

You have a valid point but as I see most prominent
javascript libraries are distributed either under BSD,
LGPL or MIT licenses. And these licenses are somewhat
liberal in this sense.
Again you are free to mix and match as long as you
dont distribute. If you start distributing GPL
software with other's the other license must be GPL
compatible.