[development] API module namespace reservation

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Aug 31 09:02:36 UTC 2007

I think we have a gap here. On one end the original poster is saying
"I have an idea to merge 6 modules" but nothing specific on what
the megamodule will do or what it will replace or what the benefits
of 1 vs 6.

On the other hand, we have the old "code is golden" motto, where
we want to see the code.

Two middleground options are better:

The first is to explain what these 6 modules are, why combining them
into 1 is better, and how is this better for everyone in more detail.

Once we have that, you can get feedback before you write code.

The second is to quickly prototype what is in your head, just check the
code in your sandbox at cvs.drupal.org, without creating a formal project
for it, then seek feedback on it.

Both of these options save you time, as well as everyone else.