[development] Do not let postgresql hold back great patches

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 3 13:07:53 UTC 2007

Quoting Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com>:

> 3. Do database specific stuff (including optimization) in the abstraction
> layer (this is what Bill Moran advocates above).
>
> I am for #3 as the way forward.

Yes, it is the way to move forward.  Doing these things anywhere else
just causes the frustration demonstrated by this thread.  We end up
with one way to code the data selections, table creations, etc within
everything but the Drupal SQL [1] abstraction engine.  Most of it is
already taken care of, we just need to formalize, tweak (read patch)
and document.

[1] http://drupal.org/node/191486

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/