[development] Modifying event date in hook_form

Ron Parker sysop at scbbs.com
Wed Dec 5 08:19:03 UTC 2007

I've posted this in Forums, but doesn't look like I'm going to get a
response, and I'm pretty sure someone here knows this right off the bat.

I'm creating an agenda module for 5.x. So far, it only requires the
event module.  The module creates a new content type: "agenda".  It is
set to appear in all calendars (for now) so has event start and end date
fields associated with it.

<>To use it, I create an event node, then the module allows me to create
an agenda node that corresponds to the event node. The agenda content
type has start/end date fields. I do not have jscalendar.module
installed.  I wish to pass the start and end dates of the corresponding
event node to the agenda node automatically.

I'm currently trying to use the following code in hook_form, which I
modified from the event_form_alter() function:

  $event = node_load($node->event_id); // Load corresponding event node

    if (arg(1) == 'add' || arg(1) == 'ognodeadd') {
      $form['event_start'] = array(
        '#type' => 'fieldset',
        '#title' => t('Start date'),
        '#weight' => -15
        );
      $form['event_start']['date'] =
event_form_date($event->event_start, 'start', $event->start_offset);
    }

But, nothing is coming through. I still get the default time when
creating a new agenda node, and not the time from the corresponding
event node.  I know the hook itself (agenda_form) is working because
other code does work:

  if (arg(1) == 'add' || arg(1) == 'ognodeadd') {
    $form['title'] = array(
      '#type' => 'textfield',
      '#title' => t('Title'),
      '#required' => true,
      '#default_value' => theme('agenda_default_title', $event),
      '#weight' => -5
    );
  } else {
    $form['title'] = array(
      '#type' => 'textfield',
      '#title' => t('Title'),
      '#required' => true,
      '#default_value' => $node->title,
      '#weight' => -5
    );
  }

I have tried other ways of doing it suggested here:

http://drupal.org/node/46805

http://drupal.org/node/150391

But, nothing seems to be working for me.  Can someone please help me
with this?

-ron

--
Ron Parker