[development] link to issue + solution Re: D7 small survey: listingof node types at/node/add

Michelle Cox mcox at charter.net
Wed Dec 5 15:05:35 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Augustin (Beginner)" <drupal.beginner at wechange.org>
To: <development at drupal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 8:39 AM
Subject: [development] link to issue + solution Re: D7 small survey:
listingof node types at/node/add

>1) that Gábor 's hint is easy and very useful for D6, and simpler than
what I sometimes had to do. I'll use that for now.

Will it work in D5? D6 is a distant dream for me, unfortuantely.

> 2) that there should be an even easier, more drupalish solution for
D7.

That's even more distant. :)

[In hook_menu(), create an item that maps node/add to your own function
callback:

    $items[] = array('path' => 'node/add',
      'title' => t('Create content'),
      'callback' => 'mymodule_node_add',  // -->> check this line.
      'access' => user_access('access content'),
      'type' => MENU_ITEM_GROUPING,
      'weight' => 1);

This will override the core callback for node/add.

copy the function node_add() into a new function mymodule_node_add()
which you can then customize anyway you want.

At least, that's what I understood Gabor's comment to mean.

It's simple and much more flexible than what I did before, but I don't
like having to copy a whole core function just to remove one item.]

I think I get this. Will have to digest it a bit.

[That's very kind, but I still think it would be a bit premature... ;)
I often look in awe at what many other members in this list accomplish
regularly without breaking a sweat! ]

Well, you're more advanced than me and I've been at this 2.5 years. :)

Michelle