[development] D7 small survey: listing of node types at /node/add

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Dec 5 16:56:25 UTC 2007

I have a similar need for the NodeReview module, and solved it using weird permission handling as well.  Specifically, hook_access() for the node type returns false for create permissions if on the node/add page.  That works for everyone except uid 1.  Have a look at the code if you're interested.

I talked with chx in Sunnyvale about a nicer way of doing it in Drupal 6, and we determined that hook_menu_alter() was The Solution(tm).

--Larry Garfield