[development] Allow existing files to be attached

Philippe Jadin philippe.jadin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 12:56:40 UTC 2007

Hello,

Is there a module that allows users to attach existing files to node?
The upload module only allows you to attach file from your computer,
not existing files in /files.

Isn't it a very common use case ?

The upload ui could be like this :

- Upload a file from your computer
(current upload box)
or
- Attach an existing file from your site
(some sort of ajax search system + file path text input form as a
fallback for js disabled browsers)

I can work on this as a contrib module, but it's strange this has not
been made already. I want a compatible solution with core upload
module.

Did I miss something? I wanted to ask before working on it so I don't
reinvent the wheel.

Thank you

Philippe