[development] Files directory on installation usability fix not quite usable. ; )

Angie Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Sat Dec 8 23:32:00 UTC 2007

Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
> DragonWize schrieb:
>> I don't see it as any different as the big red neon hack me sign on
>> the file that contains your database username and password.
>
>> We still do that as a convenience and then warn the user to set the
>> permissions back. And it is not like more work, the user is already
>> setting permissions to write then back it would just be one more done
>> the same way, unless you do it all manually which is always an option.
>
> This could all be solved by moving the default files directory into the
> sites directory.

I'd support this as a solution for new installations, definitely. Then there's
only one chmod to do, and we can include the directory by default.

And yeah, people who do multisite installations are going to have to do some
more work, but they have to that anyway with settings.php. No big deal.

-Angie