[development] Wikipedia entry for Drupal versus other web application frameworks

John Fiala jcfiala at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 19:00:00 UTC 2007

On 12/13/07, Kieran Lal <kieran at civicspacelabs.org> wrote:
> I have added Drupal into the mix with the 64 other web application
> frameworks.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_application_frameworks
>
> Could I get some help answering some of these questions?
>
> Project: Drupal
> Language: PHP
> Ajax: Jquery?
     Ajax: Yes (using jQuery)
> MVC framework: Link to explaination?
     I'd say 'Yes' - template files provide views.  Not as strong a
division between model and controller, though.  Here's an article on
it: http://archivemati.ca/2006/01/21/drupal-as-a-mvc-framework/
> MVC Push/Pull: ?
     Definately Push.
> i18n & l10n: Yes
> ORM: No
> Testing framework(s):Yes, simpletest
> DB migration framework(s): Schema API?
     Not sure what the migration framework is
> Security Framework(s): ?
     Yes, role-based
> Template Framework(s): PHPTemplate, Smarty, others
> Caching Framework(s): ?
    Yes (we have the whole caching thing going on)

--
John Fiala