[development] Writing Directly To node_access Table

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 14 12:34:43 UTC 2007

Quoting Steve Edwards <killshot91 at comcast.net>:

> Is there a problem with writing directly to the node_access table,
> such as in the submit function for my form?  That way, the access
> records would already be available the next time the node is access.
> If I do that, do I have to do something like call node_access_rebuild
> at some point after the data has been written to the table?

You've eluded to the problem with your other questions of course.  The
issues with writing to the table yourself becomes what happens when
module bar also updates node_access.  And then module baz also.  It
becomes a nightmare of what modules are doing what updates.  The better
solution would be to call node_access_write_grants yourself.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/