[development] Listing Nodes in a Node View

Ron Parker sysop at scbbs.com
Tue Dec 18 20:43:37 UTC 2007

I've almost got this working.  Utilizing code contributed in the module
development forum, I have verified that my $output is correct.

I have a screen shot here: http://www.scbbs.com/node/307

In agenda_nodeapi, this one line doesn't appear to work:

          $node->content['agenda'] = array(
            '#value' => $output,
            '#weight' => 15,
          );

I'm defining  the field "agenda" here.  This is not defined or set up
anywhere but here.  Is this how it's supposed to work?  If so, what
could I possibly be doing wrong here?

The entire code:

function agenda_nodeapi($node, $op, $arg = 0) {
  global $form_values;
  switch ($op) {
    case 'view':
        // If the user has the view agenda perm and this node is agenda
enabled
        // display the agenda list.
        if (user_access('view agenda') &&
agenda_type_is_enabled($node->type)) {
          $output = agenda_list($node->nid); // This gets a themed table.
         drupal_set_message("agenda_nodeapi: output is $output");  //
I'm seeing this, so correct output is calculated
          // Store the data directly into the content array, for default
display.
          $node->content['agenda'] = array(
            '#value' => $output,
            '#weight' => 15,