[development] hook_form() and multistep

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Fri Dec 21 23:03:11 UTC 2007

On Dec 21, 2007, at 11:11 AM, Andy Chase wrote:

> if anyone has actually accomplished a multistep implementation of
> hook_form() in Drupal 5, a howto would make them an instant Drupal
> folk hero!

a) I hate to say this, but project_issue does this for issue nodes
(though it doesn't use #multistep, it's really more the 4.7.x FAPI
style of multi-page forms).
http://drupal.org/project/project_issue
see, in particular, issue.inc, function project_issue_form() on the
DRUPAL-5 branch.

b) I hardly think writing it up as a howto is a worthy goal. ;)  The
code is evil, and all changing in D6...

c) I recently ripped all this code out, since we don't really need a
full blown multi-step form, and it simplified a lot of ugly code to
actually use 2 separate forms for this:
http://drupal.org/node/199138
So, the 5.x-2.* version in HEAD no longer uses this approach. ;)

Enjoy,
-Derek (dww)