[development] preg_match bug or regex help needed?

Damien Norris damien.norris at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 19:32:42 UTC 2007

On 30-Dec-07, at 4:49 PM, Doug Green wrote:
> I'm pretty good with regex, but I'm beating my head against the wall
> with this one, and wondering if there's a bug in php.

check your PHP version is up to date.   I had some real problems with
the preg_replace() function in PHP 5.2.3 and 5.2.4.

The new PHP 5.2.5 includes a new version of libpcre (7.3 Nuno) and
that fixed the problem (or at least I hope it did, it hasn't happened
since).

the preg_() functions are definitely not infallible in PHP5 < 5.2.5.

Upgrading might fix it for you?

D.