[development] How do I send a file to the user?

Ernst Plüss ernst.pluess at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 10:08:24 UTC 2007

I have no problem with not using die(). I first tried
http://api.drupal.org/api/5/function/drupal_set_header without
success. The only way to get rid of the "headers already sent" warning
was using die().
I think what you say about not using die() is exactly what is
necessary if you send a file with additional header information. You
have to make sure drupal isn't sending any other header information in
the same request later on.

So what should I do instead of calling die()?

TIA
Ernst