[development] Content Type - wiki

Keath Milligan keath at keathmilligan.net
Thu Feb 1 15:15:22 UTC 2007

I've struggled with both approaches - trying to integrate with MediaWiki
and using plugins like Liquid or pear-wiki. I've come to the conclusion
that integrating with MediaWiki isn't a sustainable approach. It
requires too much hacking on both sides and the result still isn't seamless.

That said, the Drupal Wiki modules leave a lot to be desired. I'm
currently trying to improve pear-wiki to my application's needs. Liquid
appears to be dead unfortunately, so pear-wiki + freelinking seems to be
the best option right now and I'd encourage anyone considering any
development in this area to contribute to these projects.