[development] Content Type - wiki

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 1 18:38:19 UTC 2007

Quoting Arancaytar Ilyaran <arancaytar.ilyaran at gmail.com>:

>> A taxonomy list could be created to help find the wiki content.

I mean help the user find the relative content.

> If you mean the system that will give wiki nodes a clean, readable
> path, I'd suggest this instead:
>
> A menu callback path (named "/wiki/" in the tradition of MediaWiki)
> which does a lookup on the concatenated path arguments. That way, a
> wiki article would always have a URL that is defined by its title
> (even if the title contains slashes).

Sound much like a path alias to me.

> Issues that come with this:
> - Titles must be unique, which wiki_validate() would have to ensure.

Which could be done with a path alias, only one can exist.

> - Titles shouldn't be changeable without extra permissions, and
> triggering some "move" function that takes care of leaving a redirect
> page and things.

Path aliases could help with this as well.

> Also, redirects - The question is whether you implement them in the
> way MediaWiki does (mirroring the target content) or by actually
> sending a 3xx HTTP response.

A job for Global Redirect.

> But one note: This shouldn't be part of the core until it has really
> matured and is widely used. Until then, it would be just an add-on
> module, and I'm not sure this list is the right place for that.

So far the only ``add-on'' is a blog entry explain how to do it.

> But this is my first message to this list, so don't trust the advice
> of the noob. ;)

Ooo... Someone else to harrass. ;p

Earnie