[development] CVS branch work best practices?

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Fri Feb 2 17:35:56 UTC 2007

> 1) Your target audience is very very small. Comparatively, only a
> handfull of developers will be using HEAD, and they'll be developing
> with it, not using contrib modules.

Why bother convincing Contrib maintainers that tracking core HEAD is a bad
idea? If you don't like it, don't do it.

Some people actually do track HEAD and I am very thankful for them. In
particular, these people actually use the APIs that are being dreamed up in
HEAD. This fixes bugs and refines APIs *before* the code freeze. For
example, og converted to using the node arbitrator stuff during the release
cycle and as a result a few improvements were made before freeze.