[development] should tinymce get a new maintainer tinymce

Alaa Abd El Fattah alaa at eglug.org
Mon Feb 5 13:45:14 UTC 2007

Hi,

I don't know how many of you are following tinymce module development,
so I thought I'd bring up this issue on the mailing list.

recently user drupal-id.com took over the project and immediately
started on a rewrite for drupal 5 discarding all old code. the problem
is drupal-id.com's new redesign lacks features that many existing
tinymce users find crucial (like customizing the button set and having
different buttonsets per role).

but the problem is not limited to differing goals, I don't think
drupal-id.com is a good maintainer, he does not respond to issues in
the issue queue (the issue queue is not 10 pages long and growing
rapidly).

at the moment the only way to get tinymce to work as before is to
patch the DRUPAL-4-7 branch using a patch attached to this issue
http://drupal.org/node/100864

check the discussion around this issue to soo how many are complaining
about current state of tinymce.module drupal-id.com responded only once
to this issue.

IMO tinymce needs a new maintainer.

cheers,
Alaa
--
Alaa: Husband of the Grand Waragi Master

http://www.manalaa.net