[development] should tinymce get a new maintainer tinymce

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Mon Feb 5 15:06:12 UTC 2007

On 2/5/07, Alaa Abd El Fattah <alaa at eglug.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know how many of you are following tinymce module development,
> so I thought I'd bring up this issue on the mailing list.
>
> recently user drupal-id.com took over the project and immediately
> started on a rewrite for drupal 5 discarding all old code. the problem
> is drupal-id.com's new redesign lacks features that many existing
> tinymce users find crucial (like customizing the button set and having
> different buttonsets per role).

This came up in IRC briefly. We've repeatedly tried to contact the
maintainer and haven't gotten responses from him.

I believe that Steve McKenzie said that he could be one of the new
maintainers, to maintain a "proper" 5.0 version of TinyMCE.

I believe this is the first time this has happened. Unfortunate.

No response to email:
http://drupal.org/node/108980

Discussion thread on keeping 4.7 features:
http://drupal.org/node/106031

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747