[development] should tinymce get a new maintainer tinymce

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 23:24:42 UTC 2007

Good grief - this is indeed a very sad state of affairs. It appears
that user Drupal-id.com has seriously let the community down in his
new role as TinyMCE maintainer, in at least the following ways:

- Removal of key features from 5.x branch
- Not a single explanatory message in his CVS commits
- Very little maintenance of the issue queue
- Completely ignoring the needs and wishes of fellow users and developers
- Little or no response to attempts to directly contact him

I would really like to know how and why this user was given ownership
of the TinyMCE module. Why was he chosen? Did he disclose his plans
for the module to previous maintainers who passed on responsibility to
him?

As the new maintainer of TinyMCE, Drupal-id.com has done little more
than hijack the module and sabotage it. Although it appears that his
intentions are not to ruin TinyMCE, his changes to the module do not
seem to benefit anyone's needs except (presumably) his own. He's made
a lot of inexplicable changes, without consulting the community at
all.

I say we give Drupal-id.com a few days to explain himself, and if he
doesn't respond, we hand over TinyMCE to somone more responsible, and
start a 5.x-2.x version that actually works.

Cheers,
Jaza.