[development] CCK in Drupal 6

Neil Drumm drumm at delocalizedham.com
Tue Feb 6 06:08:46 UTC 2007

Dries Buytaert wrote:

> On 02 Feb 2007, at 13:10, Ray Zimmerman wrote:
>>> Getting more of CCK in core would be great.  Once more of CCK is in
>>> core, we can talk again about profiles.  Now, where are the CCK
>>> patches?  I haven't seen any yet. :-)
>>
>> Since getting more of CCK into core is, presumably, not a matter of
>> simply copying the contrib CCK, I was wondering if anyone has laid out
>> what exactly needs to be done? I'm not in a position to propose one,
>> but it seems a prioritized task list would be the place to start.
>
> Good question.  In fact, after months of bugfixing, I could use an
> update myself.  Hopefully CCK-wranglers like Eaton, Jaza, KarenS and
> friends might be able to lay out a bit of a plan ...

The big thing that is left is field management.

I'd like to see:
- No modules added. I don't think this is a feature that would want to
be disabled at the system-level. There are other ways to organize code
without adding more modules.
- A generic solution that profiles fields work with.

--
Neil Drumm
http://delocalizedham.com/