[development] special filter behavior for teaser

Rob Barreca rob at electronicinsight.com
Tue Feb 6 18:00:45 UTC 2007

> No. We have two ways in general: inline, and metadata. What you propose is
> metadata, what Dave wants/needs is inline. Lets not confuse the two.

Correct, that's why I added this footer to my original message. Just
wanted to throw the metadata approach out there in case he wasn't aware
of it.
> If you need to use img_assist (using inline images), you could do this
> in hook_nodeapi() as Steven says and shrink down any images, but this
> method is a bit clunkier.
In terms of the performance issues, the image regeneration could be in a
form_alter #submit handler before node_submit() fires and then the
processed teaser would overwrite Drupal's generated teaser allowing us
to cache the resized image teaser. Or, am I missing something?

 From node_submit():
<?php
  // Auto-generate the teaser, but only if it hasn't been set (e.g. by a
  // module-provided 'teaser' form item).
  if (!isset($node->teaser)) {
    $node->teaser = isset($node->body) ? node_teaser($node->body,
isset($node->format) ? $node->format : NULL) : '';
  }
?>

Rob Roy Barreca
Founder and COO