[development] CCK in Drupal 6

adrian rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Wed Feb 7 17:00:15 UTC 2007

On 07 Feb 2007, at 9:39 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> So, if I understand correctly, you suggest that introducing more
> types (i.e. float, integer) and corresponding validation routines
> in core would be the first step.  This makes sense to me, and
> shouldn't be too hard.  Is anyone working on this -- or willing to
> work on this?

I think perhaps we should look at more semantic data types than just
float and integer.

A good example of this would be a title type. Which defaults to
textfield, and automatically does the plaintext validation and
formatting on output.

The same with 'markup' or similar, which automatically expands to a
widget that has format selectors.

'id' field type could also be useful.

Especially when integrated into a query builder, and even if only for
constructing crud functions such as drupal_load('objecttype', 'id1',
'id2');

Personally I'm more interested in working on the data model side of
things, and how it ties into the CRUD functions. I've already made a
good
start at that in the stuff i did for drupalcon.