[development] CCK in Drupal 6

adrian rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Wed Feb 7 20:11:11 UTC 2007

On 07 Feb 2007, at 8:56 PM, Darrel O'Pry wrote:

> This can be overcome with a few simple #validate functions on form
> elements correct?

There are definitely 2 steps involved here.

widgets do processing on the input, to change it into the right data
type. (this is how i felt checkboxes/ select lists should have been
handled, not by being hardcoded in form_builder)
fields validate the data that they have been given, whether by code
or by the widgets.

I don't believe we should include the #validate functions for the
field types / widgets into the form structure thought,
because if we do it right,. every single field will have validation
rules,
and all that information will not often be modified (fields can still
have additional validation rules of course).

We don't want to bloat the data structure unnecessarily.