[development] CCK in Drupal 6

Yves CHEDEMOIS yched.drupal at free.fr
Thu Feb 8 19:15:44 UTC 2007

Earl Miles a ecrit le 08/02/2007 19:49:
> Darrel O'Pry wrote:
>>> I can't speak for chx, but we've been pretty busy -- and chx in
>>> particular -- with the menu system work.  Help with the CCK-related
>>> stuff in core would be appreciated.  I'd be happy to provide
>>> frequent  reviews of any CCK related advances.  So, wadduya say
>>> Darrel?  :)
>>
>> I'm game. It'll probably be next week before I can get any patches going
>> in that direction.
>
> Will this impact your efforts toward filesystem.module? Getting that
> functionality in core is also a big deal. Drupal's use of the
> filesystem, right now, is a big limitation for sites.

FWIW, I'm also willing to lend a hand on this.
It's just that, while I'm rather fluent with CCK's current architecture
and mechanism (and limitations), the FAPI3 direction, albeit really
exciting and with all the appearance of 'the right direction to take',
is still sort of blurry for me. As in 'i don't know where to start'.

Yet I, too, feel that darrel's work on filesystem is precious...