[development] Move "Delete" or "Reset" to tabs?

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Thu Feb 8 21:08:09 UTC 2007

Konstantin Käfer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently editing, resetting or deleting an item is done via buttons
> below the edit page of an item (e.g. node/[]/edit). I ask myself why  I
> have to click on "Edit" to actually delete a node (or a node type,  a
> user, a menu item etc.). Wouldn't it be more straightforward to  move
> these actions to tabs now the menu system is really strong in  such things?

The system is already a hair's breadth away from being a tab -- if it were
MENU_LOCAL_TASK instead of MENU_CALLBACK it would be a tab right now.

If it were a tab, then giving a user grant_delete but not grant_update via
node_access would be meaningful. Right now, you have to go an extra step to
expose a delete operation if you want to allow someone to delete but not edit
nodes.