[development] Move "Delete" or "Reset" to tabs?

Johan Forngren johan at forngren.com
Fri Feb 9 16:04:37 UTC 2007

On 2/9/07, Rowan Kerr <rowan at stasis.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 21:17:31 +0100, Konstantin Käfer <kkaefer at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > currently editing, resetting or deleting an item is done via buttons
> > Wouldn't it be more straightforward to
> > move these actions to tabs now the menu system is really strong in
> > such things?
>
> A tab should change your view, not initiate a delete action. IMHO.

I agree with Konstantin that it should initiate the delete action, but
display an confirm page.

Now, if the edit/delete buttons were to be moved to a block
> instead of tabs, that would sound good to me.

That makes no sense at all, IMO. It would fight the very purpose of tabs.

--
Regards,
  Johan Forngren

  johan at forngren.com :: http://johan.forngren.com/