[development] JQuery heads... I would love some assistance.

Tao Starbow starbow at citris-uc.org
Sat Feb 10 03:00:05 UTC 2007

Tao Starbow wrote:
> andrew morton wrote:
>> On 2/7/07, Darrel O'Pry <dopry at thing.net> wrote:
>>> I've got an outstanding request for enable jquery on imagefield. I was
>>> wondering if there were any experience JQuery folk out there who could
>>> help me. I figure what I need is much like what is in upload.module. I
>>> would appreciate help identifying how to target the wrapper around the
>>> imagefield and how to get the button to trigger a request back to a js
>>> callback in imagefields. I also need to figure out the addition context
>>> I need to pass back, like field_name and how to cope with having
>>> multiple upload fields on one page which upload.module doesn't.
>>
>> I hope you'll write up a summary of what you find out. I'd love to be
>> able to implement something similar for the audio module and I'm sure
>> there are others who'd like to do the same.
>>
>> andrew
> I have been getting my feet wet with jquery and dynamic forms and am
> trying to pull my notes together into a tutorial.  I will post a
> notice in the javascript group over at g.d.o when I am done.
>
> -tao
As promised, I have put together the tutorial. It focuses on dynamic
form generation, but it also covers how to attach js events to drupal
form elements, and how to set up the communication flow form drupal to
js and back again.

http://www.starbowconsulting.com/blog/tao/dynamically-expanding-ajax-ahah-drupal-form-element

I hope it is helpful,
-tao