[development] No last access?

Carl Mc Dade carl_mcdade at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 12 15:02:11 UTC 2007

I have a better idea. You fire up your debugger and show me. Every instance I have found is based on code similar to this:

$user->access ? t('%time ago', array('%time' => format_interval(time() - $account->access))) : t('never')

Tracing $user->access back leads to the same conclusion as I came to in the beginning. The $user-access is being loaded and updated before it is presented.  To give another simple example  I first looked at the time codes in phpmyadmin. I have a simple php snippet that just sets the $user->access time, time() and login in time to print to screen.  I expected to see the differences. which I did. So I thought things were working. But when I refreshed the phpmyadmin browser it showed that calling the snippet had actually updated the database date. So the access time shows the time that the snippet was run.

 Carl Mc Dade
Web Developer