[development] node_get_types() D5 and php5

Carl Mc Dade carl_mcdade at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 13:41:34 UTC 2007

"The node_get_names() function no longer exists. Please use node_get_types('name', $node) instead. Similarly, the node_get_base() function no longer exists. Please use node_get_types('module', $node) instead."

Which did not apply to my situation since it was already there in the code. In the api there is no mention of a change in the functions behavior either. Previously I was getting the right behaviour by just calling the function without the parameters. I was confused by the explicit call to 'names' or 'types' when I need both in the same call. I was used to node_get_types() in 4.7 then the behaviour that has
changed with no mention of how to accomplish the same. I know someone else will want to do this and may be confused as I was, hence my post.

 Carl Mc Dade
Web Developer