[development] node_get_types() D5 and php5

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 17:45:36 UTC 2007

On 14 Feb 2007, at 14:41, Carl Mc Dade wrote:
> Which did not apply to my situation since it was already there in
> the code. In the api there is no mention of a change in the
> functions behavior either. Previously I was getting the right
> behaviour by just calling the function without the parameters. I
> was confused by the explicit call to 'names' or 'types' when I need
> both in the same call. I was used to node_get_types() in 4.7 then
> the behaviour that has changed with no mention of how to accomplish
> the same. I know someone else will want to do this and may be
> confused as I was, hence my post.

Just as an aside -- this mailing list is not the place to document
API changes.  It's perfectly OK to ask for clarification about an API
change, but once we figured out the answer/resolution/wording, it
should be documented in the handbook and/or in the PHPdoc.  That's
were all information is centralized, and where we'll be able to reach
most people. :)

This might all be obvious but I figured to point it out for those
who're not familiar with the process (yet).