[development] TinyMCE Plus -- TinyMCE javascripts checked into CVS

Fernando Silva fsilva.pt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 11:54:20 UTC 2007

This is one of those "particular" moments, where Drupal core
developers should step in, make a statement and enforce it.
Drupal community must be able to trust, that when some difficult
situations arise, senior developers will solve those situations.

Solution?! There is only one:
* enforce a TinyMCE project only
* create branches like other projects (4.7.x-1.0, 5.x-1.0, 5.x-2.0)
* make those 3 guys work together. It does not make sense to have 3
separate (but similar) projects in the community.

And, no, I do not agree with Dries when he says "The best module will
usually win, and the other module will fade away". In this particular
case, "beginners" will only be confused and say: "which one should I
choose? I need a feature from one of them, but the other is much more
secure? In which one should I give some help?"

My vote is for the merge of TinyMCE and TinyMCE Plus, remove of Moxie.
Deploy a stable 4.7 version for 5.x, and create a group where all
ideas should be discussed for a 5.x (and 6.x) roadmap.

If this needs a core developer intervention! So be it!

Regards,
  Fernando Silva