[development] TinyMCE Plus -- TinyMCE javascripts checked into CVS

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Thu Feb 15 19:23:01 UTC 2007

On 2/15/07, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:

> > You mean kind of like Drupal core is today?
>
> Not quite a correct analogy. The Drupal core team does not "fork" Drupal
> in different directions, and the version numbers indicate features + API
> compatibility.

Blah blah. Try not to be pedantic.

> Someone who was using tinymce 4.7 and happens to upgrade to tinymce
> 5.x-1.x will get a big surprise over 5.x-1.1 for example. The migration path
> may be totally broken.

And that's what documentation can fix. "If you are upgrading from 4.7,
are running multisite, and want to edit button layouts through a GUI,
use 1.x

> Should I hold off commenting until the team has a plan?

Drupal-ID is going to get removed from commit access on the TinyMCE
module. He/she/whatever is already (again) committing to TinyMCE Plus.

I've explained "the plan" several times now:
* Kevin R "head" maintainer -- currently working on 5.x-2
* Allie + Steve on 4.7 evolution path on 5.x-1
* convergence and free ponies for everyone in some future tag

And again...Khalid, unless you are going to sign up to maintain,
that's pretty much it from my POV.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747