[development] How do you fix this, in theme.inc or the module?

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Mon Feb 19 16:56:45 UTC 2007

On 2/19/07, Carl Mc Dade <carl_mcdade at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am working on a module update and there is a problem with theme.inc
> throwing an error on lines 552+
>
> There are lots of threads and issues about this but none of them are
> conclusive.
>
> http://drupal.org/node/111517
>
>  What exactly is causing this and what is needed to correct the module so
> that it works with D5.1? Is it in fact something in the modules or is it
> something in the core  that needs to be accomodated?
>
> PHP 5.2 mysql5 Apache 2 windows2000

OK....so, this is pretty much a support question, not a development
question. The proper way to follow up would be in the issue thread.
Only by me actually clicking through and reading the whole thread did
I find what it is about.

A better title would have been

"Spam module causes fatal error in theme.inc"

In fact, that's a great title for an issue tracker item for the spam module.

Short answer:
* it's an issue with the spam module and need to be fixed there
* post an issue in the spam module issue tracker
* this is essentially a support question, and should be directed to
the support mailing list (who will tell you to contact the spam
maintainers)

If it's your own module, then use standard debugging techniques to
figure out where your code is causing a problem.

For a gut check on whether something belongs on dev. vs. support -- if
you are including your system stats and/or asking "how do I fix
this?"....it's likely support.

Thanks,

--
Boris Mann