[development] Help coding "Firing module events after the page is loaded"

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Tue Feb 20 16:33:15 UTC 2007

I have a vague recollection that hook_exit used to fire after the page
was loaded, so that users would not be waiting for this processing to
occur.

(poormanscron relied on this, yes? )

I have a need to load some information for future use, but it takes a
long time to load via web services calls.  Anyone have an idea of how to
get a page event to fire at the after the page has been returned to the
browser?

Feel free to just point me to some similar code if you know it exists.