[development] sandboxing releases

Michael Favia michael at favias.org
Mon Feb 26 15:26:34 UTC 2007

Bèr Kessels wrote:
> It makes a lot of sense to me, and it sounds like a fair deal to simply commit
> all my 'in progress' or 'schetchy' works to the main contrib repository
> indeed. I think it also would make sense if everyone started doing it.

I *do* agree with adding these useful modules to contrib. I've often
found myself in the position of having somethign useful but not
something i wish to maintain. The problem remaining in my opinion is
discovery.

The cvs folder names are a bit ambigious to say the least. The project
nodes really help outline the functionality and differentiation from the
other modules. Would it be possible to make some sort of development
only project node? In my eyes this is a project node with only the
"HEAD" branch and maybe these could be filtered from the project list on
d.o unless specifically  unfiltered. That way we can discourage or
prevent normal passer by users form discovering the modules and
installing them while still providing some information and context for
interested developers looking to extend or maybe even adopt said module
to provide proper support.

Michael Favia                   michael at favias.org
tel. 512.585.5650        http://michael.favias.org