[development] Hook ordering

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Wed Jan 3 22:33:10 UTC 2007

Hi,

Reading the hook_nodeapi thread...

In Drupal 6 I would like to see a hook registry -- mostly autodiscovered,
but if you want ordering, then you can say "my implementation of
hook_nodeapi is to be run before module this,that,foor,bar". Available in
my sandbox, weight.php . It's trivial to extend this capatibility to
packages as well, so that if you ask to be run before !views then you will
run before all modules that belong to the views package.

All nice and dandy. But, the next step would be to request for "I want to
be the first for hook_foo". What am I to do if two module asks for this?
Die a horrible death? Disable the offending modules? This code, quite
obviously will run on the modules page.

Regards

NK

Ps. Extending hook registry to hook#op is also in the plans.