[development] QA: Consensus on comment formatting

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 7 21:00:43 UTC 2007

Quoting Angela Byron <drupal-devel at webchick.net>:

> Sure, I could go either way on this. NOTE, TODO, etc. are handy clues
>  that you should pay attention. Core just was using "Note:" in some
> places and "NOTE:" in others, so Nedjo was trying to find a
> consistent way to show this. I think as long as caps aren't used
> excessively, this is fine for a few keywords.

To me when I read "Note:" it tells me that it is something the
developer added to the comment section to remember but isn't
necessarily important to further development; but, when I read "NOTE:"
it tells me that the developer wanted to remember something that is
very important to further development and that I shouldn't ignore it.
I don't have any such cognitive idea about "TODO" vs "Todo" but Todo
isn't an officially defined word and should be capitalized.  I do agree
that too much capitalization is the wrong thing but should be used to
the benefit of others.

Earnie