[development] adoption for 'abandoned' modules?

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Thu Jan 11 20:50:16 UTC 2007

On 1/11/07, Robert Douglass <rob at robshouse.net> wrote:
> Personally, I think that modules should have deputy maintainers or
> co-maintainers. This should be done by module maintainers just by
> talking to the other people interested in their work and selecting one
> to have "emergency" CVS access. Most of my modules have a clear 2nd (and
> sometimes 3rd) in line. I'll review the rest and find more people for
> the rest.

+1...I don't think it's too onerous of a recommendation to have a 2nd
person with CVS commit access. Might not necessarily happen, but
perhaps when we get some more time we can institute a review process
that scans for inactive (i.e. no commits) projects every quarter.

Now, disagreement from the community as a whole about the direction of
the module....I'll bring THAT up in a separate issue, because I know
of one case where it is currently a huge issue.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747