[development] db_tuning update

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Sat Jan 13 22:34:26 UTC 2007

On Jan 13, 2007, at 1:18 PM, FGM wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've updated the db_tuning.module from Punkcut25 's sandbox to work
> with
> 5.0RC2.
>
> However:
> - he has disabled his d.o. contact form
> - he seems to have appeared last on IRC 17 weeks ago
> - there is no email to contact him in his code
> - his blog on civicspace does not give a contact address

Hi, he developed that module under my direction for database
performance work we were doing on Drupal.

> So I don't know what to do:
> - it seems unfair/unappropriate to create a d.o. project module for
> this,
> since this is basically his code,
> - it seems pointless to mention this in a forum post, as it will stay
> ignored
> - it seems wasteful to let the 5.0 go ignored: this code provides
> interesting initial insight on mysql tuning

We have stopped using that module and now use MySQL report.
http://www.hackmysql.com/mysqlreport

If you can install MySQL report I would use that instead.

If you want to turn it into a project go ahead.  Just indicate the
initial development was sponsored by CivicSpace.

Cheers,
Kieran