[development] Core: DRUPAL-5 branched

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 12:15:56 UTC 2007

Hello world,

just to let you know that we branched Drupal core.  There is now a
DRUPAL-5 branch that will be maintained by Neil Drumm, with help from
Steven and me.  (http://buytaert.net/neil-drumm)

This also means that CVS HEAD is open for development again, and that
- after a long code freeze - we can finally start working on Drupal
6.  Yay!  (I'm going to create a new thread to discuss Drupal 6 later
this week.)

I haven't assigned a Drupal 6 core maintainer yet.  A new core
maintainer is not a requirement, but I'll probably assign one in a
couple of weeks, once we're a little bit further down the road.

Rock on,