[development] Core: DRUPAL-5 branched

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Tue Jan 16 21:05:44 UTC 2007

On Jan 16, 2007, at 12:55 PM, FGM wrote:

> Are there any reasons for actually removing it ?

agreed.  i'd vote in favor of keeping 4.6 there.  it's not like any
of the UI bits on api.d.o would become monstrously difficult to
navigate with 4 versions of core to choose from.

while we're on the subject, can we please stop using "HEAD" on
api.d.o for anything?  the handbooks are now full of stale links to
api.d.o since HEAD is about to move again (especially in the module/
theme update pages).     we know what the next version is going to
be, so there's no need for the level of indirection anymore (and it's
causing problems).  as we start the "upgrading modules from 5.x to
6.x" page, let's link directly to

http://api.drupal.org/api/6.x/function/hook_menu

instead of:

http://api.drupal.org/api/HEAD/function/hook_menu

i'm pretty sure hunmonk already implemented all of this, it's just a
question of installing it on api.d.o.

thanks,
-derek