[development] Core: DRUPAL-5 branched

Syscrusher syscrusher at 4th.com
Wed Jan 17 14:10:04 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 15:55, Fernando Silva wrote:
> I think that api should always keep old versions, because we never
> know when we need to do support for old sites.

+1 here. I still have a couple of sites running Drupal 4.5, and a couple
running 4.6, even though most of mine now run 4.7. It's not always
practical to keep up with the latest release, however desirable that may
be. Sometimes the decision to upgrade isn't just in the hands of the
site admin.

Mark it deprecated, move it to another subdomain, or whatever, but please don't
take it offline. Disk space is cheap.

Scott