[development] Splitting hook_menu into hook_menu and hook_router

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Wed Jan 17 18:57:52 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 13:52 -0500, Andre Molnar wrote:
> Karoly Negyesi wrote something that sounds sensible:
> <snip>
>
> So is the proposal that we still have the same menu array with two
> different hooks acting on it?  Possibly a third to do alterations?  And
> does it still mean that we have the same menu table?
>
> The question really is that if we are differentiating 'routers' from
> 'menus' then shouldn't there be different objects stored in different
> places?
>
> andre

I think we are talking distinct objects with this split. Router would
create the 'path' / 'callback' / 'mapping' / 'access' grouping...

the menu would probably query the router table for access control and
use its own hierarchy to build menu structures (blocks and tabs).

does this sound accurate chx?