[development] "Subclassing" the standard #autocomplete form

Rob Thorne rob at torenware.com
Thu Jan 18 19:26:55 UTC 2007

Scott,

user_autocomplete() takes the string returned by the JavaScript widget,
does the search -- in this case, for possible Drupal user name matches
-- and returns the result as a JavaScript-formatted array.

The one thing that's really interesting is the format of the array,
which  I see is really an associative array (and not  a  simple indexed
array).   I  don't know how the standard widget would behave if it the
key and value did not match.   But at this point, I'd like to know as well.

Rob